Friday, August 3, 2007

PePe The Adorable

This bird has to be the sweetest bird on earth. He never ever is "bitey" and has the cutest way of fluffing up. I cannot wait until he gets his sight back, I think it will make a huge difference for him. In the past week he has chewed away at an oak perch and it finally fell down. I was so worried that he may of hurt himself, but Brian said they do that type of thing all the time. We have left the perch inside his cage for entertainment as he likes to go down and chew on it. We have also taped small paper cups folded with nuts to it. This way he can do a little foraging. He has already stumbled upon one treat, so I'm sure he will find the next. I'm going to set up the video camera in the room and get him to vocalize. He just loves this one word...it is something to see. I will not give it away...the video will be a must see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Wendi,
I was reading your blog, enjoying what I read and I wondered if you would be interested in participating in my blog, http://www.parrotsnparadise.com/blog. I ask for contributions from you in the form of blog posts, pictures, videos, whatever! Posts can include:
· Information about different parrot species
· Illness prevention and cures
· Behavior tips
· Cute stories or videos
It would be great if we could exchange blog links.

I am not an avian vet or bird expert, I just want to share my experiences with my six parrots. One of my goals with this blog is to create an open communication network between parrot owners.
Joanne